It is so easy to focus on the minuscule results I am experiencing in my life and wonder whether my efforts are worthwhile. I see the success stories of others and wonder when will my turn come.
I am puzzled by the reality that I have paid my dues and have done all of the right things, yet I have not come any closer to tasting the fruits of my labor. I am left pondering on what more could be done. I mean, it has been ten years, fifteen years, and the success needle has barely moved.
Is there something wrong with my efforts? Am I not putting enough time into meaningful tasks? Am I not deploying the right resources toward my goals?
Is there a curse on my head that is designed to keep me trapped in a cycle of mediocrity? What transgression have I committed? Why does it seem as if the Universe is conspiring against me?
Pep talk to self…
- Don’t judge yourself.
- Direct your focus and energy on your effort and not the result.
- Be satisfied that you are giving it your all.
- Celebrate that your intent and heart are in the right place.
- Keep creating experiences that add value to people’s lives.
- Be patient. The Universe sees you.