Here are 15 quotes about gratitude that serve to remind us that despite all of the chaos around us, life has not stopped producing abundance.
The Earth is still spinning around its axis, making beautiful sunrises and sunsets a daily feature of life on the planet. The sun is still providing heat and light for the Earth, sustaining plants that provide food for our sustenance. Snow-capped mountains and countless natural springs are still providing us with life-giving water.
The mutualistic relationship between bees and plants supports the growth of trees, flowers, and other multicellular organisms, which provide us with food and shelter. The birds are still chirping their morning songs of freedom.
The world’s forests are still keeping our atmosphere and climate in balance—absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen for life on Earth. The stars are still shining in the darkness of the night, reminding us that we are made of star stuff.
The situation outside our windows may still be the same, but our state of mind’full’ness can be elevated.
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” Melody Beattie
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” Eckhart Tolle
- “You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” Frank A. Clark
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” Gerald Good
- “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” Michael Josephson
- “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I’m going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice.” Mike Ericksen
- “Gratitude is more of a compliment to yourself than someone else.” Raheel Farooq
- “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day–or to celebrate each special day.” Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” Maya Angelou
If you would like to get a copy of my latest work, click the link below. And while you’re at it, I would very much appreciate it if you took a couple minutes to leave a review. Your support means the world to me. Thank you! 😊
Featured Image: Getty Images